To the Senior Class of 2020, we congratulate all of you for all of your hard work in this weird time, despite the road blocks you have overcome all of them and are about to graduate. Thanks to Mr. Wooddell for putting in the work to put together this video of your teachers sending yall best wishes. Congrats on all your hard work and best wishes in your future endeavors!
Also wanted to pass along some other important information for everybody below from Mr. Ramos:
- 9th-11th graders will be keeping their chromebooks and any electronic devices through the summer. We are sharing this information on all social media platforms, but also hearing it from their teachers will be an added bonus.
- 9th-11th graders will have two days this coming week (May 19 and May 21, to turn in the following items: athletic uniforms, JROTC uniforms, band and orchestra instruments, choir dresses or tuxes, textbooks, library books, special classroom reading books, cheer and dance uniforms or will be picking up CTE related items (Cosmo kits). Ms. Miller put out an email listing the alpha order. This alpha order will be good on both days. We are hosting two days in order to provide students two opportunities to bring back these items. The timeframe for both days is 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Teachers assisting us with this collection are expected to get to school by 8:00 am and receive a wellness check by Nurse Helms. All teachers assisting with this are also expected to wear masks and gloves.
- Senior class teachers, remind seniors that they only have this week to make sure that all their classwork is completed (May 22) because final grades will be reviewed and graduation lists will be turned in by May 25, 2020.
- Seniors will be returning chromebooks and all electronic devices on May 26, 2020 between 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. If any senior has not created their video for the virtual graduation due to the fact that they do not have a graduation cap and gown, Mr. Reynolds will be on hand to assist them with these videos. We will have loan caps and gowns form Herff Jones on hand to take their videos. This is only for seniors who have not ordered their graduation regalia or have not received them. If seniors have received their regalia, then they are expected to do their own videos at home. We will be sending all seniors their video instructions tomorrow Monday May 18, 2020.
- FWISD will be hosting a virtual graduation this year. Tech’s virtual graduation will be on June 20 at 11:00 am. I will pass on information to all in case any staff member would like to see the graduation on-line. The district is also going to allow for an outside celebration for all seniors. Our outside celebration is scheduled for June 24 at 7:00 pm at Farrington Field. Logistics and plans concerning social distancing restrictions and the number of guests are still being worked out but this is going to happen.
If you have any questions about any of this please reach out to one of your teachers or coaches. Thank You and again Congratulations to our Seniors!