Trimble Tech Athletics is back and getting ready for the 2020-2021 school year and we cant be more excited! With that being said the Trimble Tech Staff want to assure you that we are going to be taking this really slowly and carefully to assure everyone’s safety all the while in making sure we get back to where we need to compete with the best come August. We want to make sure that everyone fully understands this is completely optional and is not required in any way shape or form for student athletes to make any of the teams come this upcoming school year. We also ask you that your student reach out to their respective coaches to see what days they are coming up to school. Not all coaches/sports may be working out each day and with new Covid-19 guidelines only so many student athletes are allowed to work out due to ratio of coaches to athlete restrictions.
Now prior to your arrival for summer conditioning there are some things that must be completed or you are made aware of prior to your arrival so that you are allowed to work out with your coaches/teammates. The following are requirements so please be aware, if these things are not complete or brought with you, you will be sent home and or not allowed to work out.
1) Student athlete must have paperwork (physical and electronic forms) complete for the 2019-2020 school year with no injury that would rule them ineligible.
2) Students can go ahead and fill out the (optional but helpful) electronic paperwork at Rankonesport.com to go ahead and get that out of the way for this 2020-2021 school year.
3) One time completion, but all students with the assistance of their parents, must fill out the Return to Activity Summer Strength & Conditioning and Sport Specific Skill Instructions on Rankonesport.com online or on the app. Directions will be lower down.
4) Daily completion, on the app or on Rankonesport.com, students will need to fill out the Covid-19 Participant Screening Form which is a series of questions. If you answer any question yes, the student will need to stay home. Upon check in, more than likely these questions will be asked again as well as your temperature will be taken. If you mark yes, please make sure you communicate that with your coaches.
5) You must bring your own water, whether bottles or thermos, a coach will be available to refill students bottles (Please bring bottles/thermos already filled) up from a cooler but students will not be allowed to do so. If you don’t bring your own water bottles you will not be allowed to stay and work out as per guidelines.
6) If you are asthmatic, you must bring an inhaler with you as per state law. If you do not again, you will be asked to leave or simply watch from a distance. Coaches will need to check prior who of their athletes may are asthmatics and check on those students.
7) Students are welcome to bring a face mask but wont be required to wear them while working out. They are welcome to bring their own towel but there will be NO sharing of ANY personal items to include water bottles.
For those who are unfamiliar, Rankonesport.com is the software which Fort Worth ISD stores all its electronic paperwork, physicals, injuries, and other items. Coaches will be checking this previous years rosters to make sure their athletes are eligible (physical, all forms completed, and CVS score) without any significant injury that would rule an athlete out. Electronic forms for the 2020-2021 school year are open so please feel free fill those out now to help us out later. The link for Rankonesport.com is:
Once you get there you can click on “Parents Click Here”
Go to “Online Forms” and or you can download the app “Parent App” .
You will need to select Texas and then Fort Worth ISD. You can continue as a guest and or create an account.
The form you will have to complete one time, both student and parent signature is required, is the Return to Activity form.
The daily form, again on the app or online prior to the students arrival at conditioning, is the Covid-19 Participant Screening Form.
Those questions, which if you answer yes any one question will need to stay home, will more than likely be asked again upon their arrival at school and their temperature will be taken. Any temperature over 100.4 will be sent home. Again, please communicate with your coaches if you answer yes and don’t attend conditioning so we can take the proper pre-cautions.
Arrival at school, check in procedure:
Parking in the yellow lot near the cafeteria will be allowed for student athletes who will drive themselves.
For students who are being dropped off by parents, if you come south on College from West Cannon (street in front of Trimble Tech) towards the bend near W. Terrel Ave N (towards Dashwood and Rosedale) in front of the field house, we will do what we can to have your student step out and check their temperature there so we can let you know that you can go ahead and leave them. Please be patient as we get this process going, this is a work in the process for us but we are here to make things easier for all of us. Curve area which I am speaking of is to the left of this area and road sign just outside the fence, we will get to you as soon as possible.
Students will stand in line, socially distancing on red “X’s” on the ground 6 feet apart from outside the gate to inside the gate next a table under the trees in front of the field house. You will be asked the questions and the temperature taken, if the student has the app, they can enter their own temperature on the app at that point. They will be checked off on two rosters then sent around the field house by the past the softball field to the football/soccer field to wait for their group to begin.
After check in, groups, bathrooms, dismissal :
The state guidelines are very specific, that the group the student is put with will remain with. That is why it is very important to have the student get in touch with their coach to see what day and when that sport/coach will be doing summer conditioning. Check in will be from 7:30-10:30 am daily unless otherwise communicated. The bathrooms that will be open will be those two single stalls on the back side of the concession stand, it will be discussed on the walk through day and on a regular basis, but students will be asked to use Lysol to spray down the bathroom lightly after every use and use hand sanitizer on a regular basis. Upon completion of the conditioning, students will need to listen to the coaches carefully to follow directions to their cars to keep social distancing in place and not crowd in one area.
Schedule for Summer Conditioning starting June 15th forward:
June 15th Monday starting at 8:30 am: walk through of check, procedures, wipe down, expectations. This should last anywhere from 30-45 minutes pending how many students show up so please plan accordingly.
June 16th – 19th: Outdoor activities only, varsity high school groups only. Check in from 7:30-10:30 am
June 22nd – 26th: Indoor and outdoor activities allowed, varsity high school groups only. Check in from 7:30-10:30 am.
June 29th – July 3rd: Varsity high school groups – indoor and outdoor activities. Sub-varsities – outdoor activities only on day 1 indoor and outdoor activities can begin day 2.
Phase 4 – can include middle school groups – dates to be determined.
Again, important to please check with your coaches to see when your coach/sport is conditioning.
Reminder, physicals and paperwork from this past year will allow any Trimble Tech Students to participate in summer conditioning. One form is required to be completed once, mentioned above, and another on a daily basis. Electronic forms for the 2020-2021 school year are open and can be completed now.
A NEW physical will be required for EVERYONE on the new UIL physical form(Click on link for new form –>) UIL-PrePhysFormRvsd-04.24.201 so students can participate after August 1st. Physicals can be done at CareNow for $20, see previous story in TechBulldogs for further information. ALL physicals MUST be on the form that is linked above otherwise you will be asked to get it redone on form that has 2020 in the upper right corner along with the option for parents to opt into an EKG in the lower right section of the medical history form. This is UIL regulated, so please pay attention to make sure your physicals for the 2020-2021 school year are on this most updated form.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to any of our coaches. Thank you and we hope to get things back in the flow of things smoothly.